Boarding within Reach
Our mission as a school and for our boarding program is to develop resilient young people who make a difference in the world within a high quality, affordable, Christ-centred education.
Macquarie Boarding is a home away from home for our students. Our smaller scale and family-focus, allows for interaction and engagement across year groups, allowing the development of strong connections amongst peers and with Boarding and School staff.
Our Boarding House is located a short drive from our main campus and the Dubbo CBD. Our unique, bush setting boasts extensive grassed areas and recreational facilities including pool, basketball/tennis court, two cricket nets, BBQ area and an oval. Our facilities see 2 students per room with share house and common kitchen, bathrooms and recreational spaces. Students engage in weekend sport and attend local events.
In providing the boarding service at Macquarie Anglican Grammar School our key service objectives are to:
- Provide a secure and safe environment for each boarder so that they may function as an individual to achieve their potential;
- Engage our boarders in a variety of experiences at the School and in the wider community to provide a holistic education and appropriate pastoral care;
- Facilitate an environment where boarders and boarding staff are able to work, rest, ‘play’ and relax free from bullying and harassment of any form;
- Provide equality of opportunity for all boarders regardless of culture, religion, ethnicity, ability or background;
- Create a boarding environment that is positive and encouraging, with conditions that are conducive to learning and growing; and
- Ensure boarding staff and boarders respect each other’s right to privacy.