NSW State Futsal Championships

NSW State Futsal Championships

By Admin on 3 August 2017

On Wednesday 2 August, a team of 8 Year 10 boys travelled to Sydney in preparation for the NSW State Futsal Championships today.

The team arrived in Penrith about 6pm, found their accommodation and headed out for dinner.

After dinner the boys had a good time at Aqua Golf before calling it a night, ready for today's action. 

The Penrith Sports Stadium was filled with about 28 teams competing in both the girls and boys competitions.

In Macquarie's first pool match (after the first round bye) they came up against a Figtree team who came off a strong win in their first pool match. The Macquarie players were caught out by the speed of the match and quick player movement causing them to go down a goal. The team reset and put together some good play and threatened the Figtree goal. However, some sharp ball movement saw them extend their lead just before the half. This continued through the second half with the Macquarie players trying to strengthen their defence, but Figtree eventually emerged as the winners with a 4-0 score. 

The second pool match was a much closer affair against Dapto High. The first half was a defence battle with both teams unable to break through for a confident attempt on goal. Macquarie played with more control and confidence challenging Dapto for control of the match. Dapto were the first to break the deadlock after the half through some quick passing that got in behind the defence. Though Macquarie fought hard to find the equaliser with a couple of fair chances, Dapto absorbed the effort and then extended the lead finishing the match 2-0.

The third pool match against Kirrawee saw Macquarie play against an evenly matched side. A lineup change and some good ball movement saw the team generate its best chances to get that elusive first goal. However they were not able to find the back of the net and Kirrawee eventually did. It was a narrow loss for Macquarie 1-0.

The final pool match against Glenwood was a tightly contested match. After going behind, Macquarie broke through and equalised through a free kick by Jacob Coggan. Falling behind again just before the half time break Macquarie was playing confidently and with determination. The determination continued in the second half with more good chances created. While they couldn't find the goal again, they played well but succumbed to a final score of 4-1.

Thankyou to Mr & Mrs Mansour Senior for their support!

Category: Sports